|Go Dogs, located behind Shaffer Animal Hospital, is our professional grooming salon. Though the name is different, the high quality service and professional care your pet receives from Shaffer Animal Hospital is also applied at Go Dogs. Before Go Dogs opened it’s doors in the spring of 2005, grooming was offered in the hospital building. Some of our senior patients received their first puppy baths in the Go Dogs tubs! The grooming staff takes pride in providing professional grooming and bathing for your dog. Many of our clients take advantage of the opportunity of having a veterinarian right next door. Minor health concerns or yearly health exams with vaccines can often be addressed while your dog is here for a bath or groom.
Grooming Services Offered
– Bath in high quality veterinarian grade shampoo (medicated shampoos available)
– Blow dry and brush out
– Ears cleaned
– Nails trimed
– Anal glands expressed externally on dogs less than 35 lbs
– Bandana or Bows
* Baths are priced according to weight and hair length
Mini Groom Package
– Everything listed in the Bath Package above
– Hair around the paws and pads of feet are trimmed
– Face is trimmed
– Sanitary area is trimmed
Let us help you familiarize your dog with grooming by bringing them in for their first puppy groom! This will help them adapt to the grooming environment, along with the sounds of other dogs and hair dryers!
A puppy groom is similar to a mini groom. This includes a good bath and conditioner. It includes plucking of the ears, sanitary shave, shaving paw pads, rounding of the feet, a brush-out, and a nail trim.
We recommend the first puppy groom be between 10 and 12 weeks to 5 months of age for short hair dogs. Long haired dogs should come in earlier. We also recommend gently handling their feet and ears to get them ready for nail trimming, ear cleaning, and related services. This will be helpful for the grooming process.
Full Groom Package
– Everything listed in the Bath and Mini Groom Packages above
– Assessment at drop off and a Breed Style Trim or Kennel Clip Hair Style
– Quiet grooming area available for felines
– Lion style cut offered
– Mini groom includes Bath, Brush out, sanitary shave and nail trim
– Shaving available
Al La Carte Items
– Brush out in between grooms. Done every 3-5 weeks
– Brushing teeth
– Nail trim/Nail dremmel
– In and Outs for dogs with medical issues upon Dr.’s request
Please ask about our PUNCH CARD. Receive 50% off the 6th bath or groom within a one year period!
Holiday Baths and Grooms — We recommend scheduling at least a month in advance as appointments for those times fill quickly!